Thursday 29 September 2011

Feedback Process for the Context


I found feedback extremely useful in the previous subject that I completed, in Learning Hubs and was pleased to learn that we would be using the same process in this subject. Receiving feedback from colleagues working on the same piece of assessment is definitely a worthwhile task. Working exclusively online can be a little isolating and having the chance to discuss the process you are going through allows a connection with other students.  Just discussing the feelings of frustration also allows you to realise you aren’t the only one going through these emotions. 

I do feel a little under qualified to be able to give feedback but doing so not only helps the student I’m giving feedback too but myself as well.  Seeing a piece of work with fresh eyes does help, as it allows you to notice faults that may have been missed.  The advice I was given was useful as I was given confirmation that I was on the right track but I still wasn’t happy with my draft.  I decided to read through feedback given to other students which helped me to realise that I needed to shift the focus of my essay to ensure that the context was explicit.  The theme that was coming through the feedback given, to others, was to ensure that the context related to the ILA.  Once I had the “ah, hah” moment, I viewed my essay in a new way and was able to confidently make changes.  If it wasn't for the feedback process I think I would have remained frustrated and isolated and may have given up altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment