Saturday 20 August 2011

First Questionnaire



Image: scottchan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net




I wrote the responses to these questions while waiting for my daughter, while she attended dance class on the 1st of August.  I am only posting it now, I haven't changed my responses since then.  


Questionnaire 1

1.  Take some time to think about your topic. Now write down what you know about it. 

My topic is SOSE guided inquiry with upper primary students.  I feel I don’t know a great deal about this topic.  I researched learning theories while completing my Pedagogical Licence back in 2007 and discovered the Connectivism Theory by Siemens, 2004.  Guided inquiry nicely complements this theory of learning.  
Information literacy I think encompasses the Connectivism Theory of learning which I understand is to make connections with new knowledge attained.  Knowing what knowledge to acquire and then knowing how to use it or apply it.  (Siemens, 2004)
2. How interested are you in this topic?  Check () one box that best matches your interest.

Not at all not much ☐    quite a bit ☐    a great deal ✓ 
3. How much do you know about this topic?  Check () one box that best matches how much you know.

Nothing ☐   not much   quite a bit     a great deal  

4. When you do research, what do you generally find easy to do? Please list as many things as you like.
  • I’m not sure I find research easy, I find it interesting.  Probably the easiest part I find when researching is using the internet to find information.
  • I find using the QUT library database useful. 
5. When you do research, what do you generally find difficult to do? Please list as many things as you like. 
  • The hardest part I find when researching is defining the topic and ensuring the information found is relevant.  
  • Sometimes I find it difficult to find exactly what I need and get bogged down with irrelevant information.
  • Or I find too much information and trying to weed out exactly what I need. 
  • Once having found the information I find it difficult to write up the research, demonstrating my understanding of what I have discovered.  
I think I said the same thing, just 3 different ways.

Siemens, G. (2004)  Connectivism: A Learning Theory for the Digital Age, Retrieved 2nd August, 2007 from http://www.elearnspace.org/Articles/connectivism.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment